© All Rights Reserved.
Ranginak Recipe, make a Persian nutritious date dessert in 6 step
Ranginak is one of the most nutritious and delicious Persian desserts with a simple recipe. This dessert has a lot of energy because it is made of date, flour and walnut. This Persian date dessert is especially popular during Ramadan, the fasting month. Ranginak is originally from the Southern provinces of Iran, such as Hormozgan and Bushehr. If you don’t have enough time and want to try a delicious dessert, we suggest it. In Cookery Magazine, we share the simple recipe for this nutritious dessert.
|Cinnamon powder||1 teaspoon|
|Cardamom powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Ground pistachio — coconut powder||to garnish|
How to make Ranginak
- First, melt the butter on low heat. Then sift the flour and add to the melted butter. Stir continuously until the flour turns golden. Turn off the flame and let it cool down. The mixture of flour and butter should not be dark and hard and should be diluted.
- In the next step, press the straw in the middle of the date, take out the seed of the date, put a piece of walnut in the middle, and repeat this for all dates.
- After cooling the flour and butter mixture, add cinnamon and cardamom powder and mix them well.
- Now pour some ingredients into a platter and put the walnut-stuffed on it. Then again, pour the ingredients on the dates until the surface is completely covered.
- In the last step, put the Ranginak in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to harden completely.
- After 2 hours, remove it from the refrigerator and garnish it with pistachio and coconut powder.
Ranginak is ready. You can serve this nutritious and delicious dessert with tea. We hope you prepare this delightful dessert at home and share it with us.
Tips for making Ranginak
- Using wholemeal flour improves your dessert in flavour and taste.
- Be sure to use soft dates to make Ranginak; If you use hard dates, you should soak them in water for a few hours.
- Whatever amount of flour you use, you should add half of this amount of oil or butter.
Frequently asked questions about Ranginak
what is Ranginak?
It is a Persian dessert that is made of date, flour and walnut.